Trace Heating Solutions
Trace heating is installed on pipes and vessels to compensate for the rate of heat loss through the containment wall
One of the UK’s leading insulation contractors
Trace heating is installed on pipes and vessels to compensate for the rate of heat loss through the containment wall and its thermal insulation.
Trace heating will:
- protect your operations from frost damage
- raise the temperature of your product storage and flows where required
- maintain temperature of products within pipelines, tanks, vessels etc. during manufacture
- generally ensure that all vital product flows are kept moving and/or stored at the required temperature
- protect against frost on paths, fire escapes and steps
- leak detection on pipework
- keeps water above 55° C reducing risk of diseases e.g. Legionnaires
A typical trace heating system comprises of a thermostat, heating element, fixings, terminations and presence (warning) labels.The heating element looks a bit like mains cable, it’s long and thin with plastic outer sheathing. The self-regulating heating element in trace heating has two wire conductors separated within an encapsulation of semi-conductive polymer. In its raw form, this looks like a long thick strip of liquorice. The polymer is insulated and copper braid is woven around the outside of it. An outer jacket is applied for protection. When self-regulating heater is powered, a small amount of current is allowed to pass through the semi-conductive polymer. This has a heating effect.
How we can help
We supply and install trace heating depending on the clients’ specific needs.We’ll do all the necessary heat loss calculations and advise on suitable insulation products including a range of sheet metal finishes.Having worked in the insulation industry for over 20 years, we have the skills and expertise necessary to provide you with the ultimate in trace heating services.
We are specialists in all aspects of insulation
Contact us for free no obligation quotes and advice. We will be happy to help!
Call us on
Request a callback
14 Cutlers Rd
South Woodham Ferrers
Chelmsford CM3 5XJ